Saturday 18 July 2009

Finally some cards... and a fabulous award.

Materials:
Paper and Cardstock: K+Co, PM
Image: Penny Black: coloured with whispers, promarkers, and highlighted with a white gel pen.
Embellishments: Prima flowers, woodware brads, and perfect pearls


Good Evening,
Hope you're all enjoying the weekend.
I've just had a fantastic afternoon. My dad took me to a shop near Tamworth called Forever Cards and Crafts they have their own website too.
I managed to get hold of some gorgeous Prima flowers while i was there... i've looked everywhere for them, and the Glitterpot always seems to be sold out lol. I also got my hands on some perfect pearls which you can see down the side of my sentiment.
I am entering this card into the Penny Black Saturday Challenge which is Soft and Sweet.
This little girls is sooooooooooo sweet, and i have used very soft and subtle colour tones.
The image has been coloured with whispers, promarkers and highlighted witha white gel-pen.
I'm really proud of my colouring, i think i'm finally improving.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

My next card is for Lyndseys little girl, Abbie, as some of you may know, she hasn't been feeling the best at the moment, so i sent her a card to cheer her up a bit.

Materials:
Paper and Card: PM and Dovecraft
Image: Digi Download availible from here. Coloured with watercolour paints.
Embellishments: Prima flower, Card Candys, Pin- i made myself! Brads, gems are from stash.

I thought mermaids would be sutible, and i was dying to use my Digi- Download set i won from True.
I watercoloured the background myself.

Here is a Close-Up of the glitter i added, and my handmade pin.


x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

And finally the fabulosu award i recieved from the wonderful Christine, thankyou so much- i really appriciate it! :O)


I'm passing this onto 10 AMAZING bloggers, so here goes:


Oh, and i won the challenge last week over on Cute Card Thursday!
Yipeeeeeeeee!

Fern xx

16 comments:

  1. Wow Fern 2 stunning cards the b/day card colour combo is so soft looking & brill colouring (I had a Cavalier spaniel called Zara) & the mermaid is just stunning love her tail...
    congrats on your award...

    hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow Fern your card is adorable, I love this image and your colouring is so beautiful, your new Primas look fabulous... Love your mermaid card for your friend is gorgeous and sure it'll cheer her up.
    Thanks for joining us this week at PBSC.. enjoy your weekend
    hugs
    Tracie :)x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fern,
    These are absolutely fabulous! Your colouring is brilliant! I love the glittery tail on your mermaid!
    Thanks so much for the lovely award, I will post it on my blog now! :)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Fern, they are both gorgeous, I adore the cute image on your first card and the second card is awesome, such a great underwater scene and the image is so cute, beautiful colouring, Congratulations on receiving your award and you are so sweet to pass to me, Have a great Sunday, Big Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats dear on the award and thanks for passing it on to me. Your two cards are stunning and your colouring has always been brilliant dear, love the sparkle on the mermaid card
    Hugs Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful cards Fern....and gorgeous colour work and I do love that mermaid...stunning......thanks for joining in the fun this week at PBSC...Hugs Kath xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are great but I especially love that little mermaid! You did an awesome job coloring her...love the glimmer on that tail!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two beautiful cards Fern! I have just found your blog and just want to say how talented you are, your creations are just amazing.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there sweetie. Wow, your cards are just incredible - your details are so very pretty and they are perfect!!! Thankyou so much for this award and congratulations on your win!! Glad you had a nice shopping trip :o)
    -x-

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards, they're both gorgeous.
    Thank you for my award.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowwww Fern,what a beautiful cards,l love the images and colours.
    So gorgeous papers and details.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Fern,

    Congrats on your cct win :O) and your award, thankyou for passing it on to me :O). Your cards are gorgeous, I love the mermaid.

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Fern, I must say I am blown away with your cards, they are fantastic! Love the pin you made and the mermaid is gorgeous I'm sure your friends daughter will feel better when she see's your card. Dawn Marie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW just gorgeous Fern,you have done a brilliant job with these cards and the glitter is perfect!!! Thankyou so much for the award,I also gave the award to you....lol....Have a great day!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Fern, fabulous cards. Love the cute PB card with the soft colours and those flowers look gorogeous. What can I say about the mermaid one -well its absolutely gorgoeus and fabulous you have coloured the image in beautfiully and the pin and all the extras look wonderful. Its taking pride of place on the fireplace at the moment and Abbie loves it. Thank You!!
    Lyndsey xx

    ReplyDelete