Wednesday 29 July 2009

Edwin

Morning,
Sorry about the early post, it was too late to show you my latsest card lat-night. Thanks for all the lovely comments and congratulations i recieved from you all.... we went to the Emmerits,
{ Arsnel} yesterday as a treat with my sports group. {not that any of us support them lol }
I'd been up since half 6 and i didn't get back till half 7.... what a jam packed day!
Luckily i had this card made.


Materials:
Paper and cardstock- BG Offbeat
Image- Edwin from the new Magnolia set
Embellies: Brown Raffia Lace, Boy Charm, Buttons and brad from stash.

This is the first time i've used a charm on my card, i couldbn't work how to do it at first, and thgen i found Bevs fab tutorial. Thanks.
The little Charm is from Nikki at Bunny-Zoes Crafts ... i just love it! I've also used some gorgeous Raffia Lace.
I've made a boys card for once as i always struggle with them, i thought surfing would be great for most ages so out popped Edwin! :O)
I've followed the fab sketch over at Truly Scrumptious, thankyou girls, i really loved working with such a great layout.
I'm also antering this into Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge which is a recipie,
2 Papers, { the purplish cardstock is actually BG Sugered, hope this counts xx }
1 Ribbon, and 3 buttons.
Here's a Close-Up:


My gorgeous parcel arrived from Jacqui yesterday with my fab stamps and a stunning card, i tried to photograph it but my cameras played up, i'll get a better picture today! :O)

Thanks for looking, any comments are appreciated,

Fern xx


15 comments:

  1. fabulous card Fern, love the colours and details that you have used. sounds like you had a great day. hugs rachxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fern, this is so adorable! I absolutely love that you used that charm - what a perfect touch to an already perfect card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous Fern! I love the funky Surfer Edwin, and I agree, great for most mens cards! Thanks for joining in with the Truly Scrumptious challenge!

    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Fern,i love the colours.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Fern - I love Edwin with his surf board! Fab job on using the charm - it looks wonderful!
    Hugs, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Fern great take on the sketch Edwin looks brill & that charm just finishes your card off beautifly well done.

    Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic card Fern. He's such a cool dude!

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card Fern. Love this cute Edwin with surfboard image!
    Hugs, Vicky ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card fern, lovely image. Sounds like you need an early night lol
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Fern, I love the Edwin image and I love the boy charm. I also love the brown raffia lace.
    love
    Zoe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic card Fern, I just love Edwin with his surfboard and such a fab layout you have used! Thanks for playing along with us at SCSC :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card Fern, love the image, and the little charm is cute. Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is lovely Fern. I love how you've used the button to attach your charm. Thanks for joining us at TS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. fantastic boy's card Fern, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card and I love the image ..

    thanks for joining us on TS

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete